President's Message, Fall 2012
First, I would like to start by saying thank you, for the opportunity to serve as the
Blue Grass Branch President for the 2012-2013 year. We started off this year
with a great enthusiasm and I would love to keep this up for the rest of the year.
Thank you to everyone who has joined us for our first few meetings of the 2012-
The events hosted by the Bluegrass Branch, thus far include:
• August - Steve Cummins from the Lexington Traffic Management Center.
• September- Tom Creasey of Stantec spoke to us about the Kentucky
• October-the Blue Grass Branch hosted the 2012 Kentucky Annual
Meeting, which was very successful.
There are many more interesting and exciting events coming our way:
• November- Susan Plueger of LFUCG to who will discuss the keys to
successfully implementing the stormwater provisions of the Consent
Decree between Lexington, Kentucky and the U.S. EPA/Commonwealth of
• December - service projects, including the Angel Tree and Jarrett’s Joy
• January- Joint meeting with KSPE, presentation on the new Center for
Applied Energy Research on UK’s campus by Murphy+Graves and CMTA
• February- Joint meeting with UK Student Chapter and Career Fair
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions, comments or
suggestions you may have about the Blue Grass Branch.
I am looking forward to meeting all of you and to a great year ahead.